Drape a sari, yet stay warm in winter
A sari being such a versatile piece of clothing, when paired with the right winter clothes, can help you make a chic style statement, says an expert. Vineet Chhajer, Director of Vineet Sarees, has shared ways in which you can flaunt your sari in the winter chill:
* Winter coat and jackets: Teaming up ethnic wear with an interesting jacket is a trend that has been making rounds in the fashion world.
Instead of the usual blouse, try a waist length jacket or a trench coat. All you need to keep in mind is that the jacket should complement your dress. Pairing up your sari with a contrasting or similar coloured jacket in velvet or silk, or even a Nehru jacket, will give is a unique and classy look.
Remember to check the material of the jacket or coat before buying as it should keep you warm.
* Replace scarf with pallu: Avoid the scarf that’s hiding the look of your pallu, instead drape your pallu as a scarf to cover your neck. It will definitely make you look more elegant, rather than making you look fat because of over clothing.This will also help you get rid of heavy neckpiece if you are not really fond of wearing them or you haven’t bought one matching your attire. Just a pair of big earrings or jingling bangles and you are party ready.
* Boots or pumps with the sari: If this sounds quite eccentric, well then you need to know that this is not a new idea. It’s a style from early 1990s when women used to accessorise their sarees with pumps/boots. It will not just keep your feet warm, but also pumps up the style quotient with the perfect amalgamation of grunge with ethnic.
* With pants: Drape your sari with a warm leggings or pants, instead of the petticoat or inner skirt. This will give a Grecian style to your ethnicity and at the same time help you beat the heat. And you know what will make you stand out the crowd? Make your pant visible. Pair them up with elegant pumps and you are just done.
* Wear sweater instead of a blouse: Of course, this is not a new trend. Wear fitting sweater instead of a blouse. It will give you a classy look and will drive away the cold. You can even try for a polo neck sweater with solid color and accessorize with junk jewelry. If not, follow the new trend, wear it
You might also like
Bollywood is the place to go to for fashion cues, but looks like our divas are now borrowing styles from the 90s.The film industry has been the hub for a
lifehacker Nail art is one of the most exciting things for all women. But, to carry on this passion for long, we must know a few important things for keeping
Who doesn’t want to live like a diva? Travel to exotic places, wear amazing clothes, eat at the best restaurants and live the good life? But when you consider your
While fearless fashion works on the principle that style has no rules, in this case, we beg to differ. No, we’re not here to preach like your (un)friendly neighbourhood aunty,
Two Indian designers have been offered a global avenue to showcase their exquisite creations by 6Degree, India’s fashion talent, and tech platform. Designers Amrapali Singh and VedikaMerh will exhibit their