Drink water, keep your tongue in check and avoid smoking
With the winter season approaching, we need to take extra care of our lips. Drinking a good amount of water, shuffling your professional lip balm with remedies like butter or ghee and keeping your tongue in check are critical elements of lip care, says as expert.
1) Drink water: You know that your skin needs hydration and that happens best with the intake of enough water. The same goes for lips. Though people drink enough water in summers, this intake decreases in winters because we do not sweat in the cold season and feel thirsty. Drinking ample amount of water is necessary to replenish the lost moisture from the skin and the lips.
2) Hold your tongue: Most of us have a habit of licking our lips now and then with our tongue. This tendency increases whenever the lips feel dry and stretched. You need moisture to keep them soft and hydrated and saliva comes handy for this. But, this proves counter-productive and dries away the lips more.
3) Avoid vitamin B deficiency: Insufficient consumption of vitamin B not only affects your digestive system’s functioning but it also affects the health of the lips. The lips and the corners of the mouth get cracked and deficiency of vitamin B can also cause ulcers in the mouth. Ensure enough intake of vitamin B to keep lips healthy during winters.
4) Lip augmentation or hydration procedure: For people who have thin lips and desire a pronounced appearance, dermal fillers like Juvederm are very effective. When administered into the lips, the hyaluronic acid based fillers give volume to the lips, and give them more definition. The hydrophilic gel also promotes water retention and provides hydration to dry and chapped lips. The effect lasts up to six to nine months.
5) Avoid smoking: If its health implications are not enough of a reason for you to quit, give it up for your lips. It causes the lips to become dry and dark. Chain smokers and chain coffee drinkers usually tend to have dark lips. If not for general health reasons, cut down your dependence on caffeine and smoking for improving lip appearance.
6) Scrub: To keep the lips fresh and healthy, it can help to use a scrub on them occasionally. This will clear away the dead cells and make the lips more receptive to moisturising agents. You can use a mixture of sugar powder and olive oil or honey to gently scrub away dead cells.
You might also like
Everyone thinks crisp white and floral outfits when they think summer, but some of us can only think black. Yes, we love the colour and while it is not really
If you haven’t already noticed, shoulders are now an important fashion focal point. Off the shoulder tops are popular for both day and evening, but what’s really taken off are
If you’re like me, you appreciate the power of eyeliner, but you’re too darn unskilled and lazy to put it on. One shortcut to make it easier? Prep your eyelash
Hey ladies, since you’re reading this, we assume that you too are you blessed with gorgeous dusky skin! If yes, then you sure must’ve been given a long list of
India is in the midst of a digital transformation and fashion is at the forefront of this change. Of the 70Bn dollars Indian Fashion market today, 7-9bn dollars is already
Who doesn’t want to live like a diva? Travel to exotic places, wear amazing clothes, eat at the best restaurants and live the good life? But when you consider your