A 14-year-old boy named Shahvaz from Charan Singh Colony in Ghaziabad has lost his life to rabies, two months after being bitten by a neighbor’s dog. The Ghaziabad Police revealed this unfortunate news on Tuesday and disclosed that the boy had kept the incident a secret from his family.
The authorities at the Vijayanagar police station received information about the boy’s tragic demise due to a dog bite. Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP), Kotwali Nagar, Nimish Patil, shared, “Today, information was received at Vijayanagar police station that a 14-year-old child died due to a dog bite. It came to light that the child was bitten by a dog about two months ago and he hid it from his family members.”
On September 1, Shahvaz’s behavior took a distressing turn as he developed an intense fear of water, stopped eating and drinking, and even began barking. It was only after consulting a doctor that the family discovered he had been bitten by a dog two months earlier, tragically revealing the advanced stages of rabies infection. Sadly, when the family eventually found out about the situation, they rushed the child to a hospital. However, despite their efforts, Shahvaz passed away during treatment. A case has been registered based on the family’s complaint, and appropriate action will be taken as more facts are revealed.
A heart-wrenching video of the boy, writhing in pain inside an ambulance while his father tried to comfort him, went viral on social media. The family shared that they had sought treatment from an ayurvedic doctor in Bulandshahr, but unfortunately, they couldn’t save their beloved son.
This tragic incident serves as a somber reminder of the importance of prompt medical attention and open communication within families, especially in cases of animal bites, to prevent such heartbreaking outcomes. Our thoughts and condolences go out to the grieving family during this difficult time.